 Marketplace / Auctions / 5123
Re: Ebay acution - Potential Fraud?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 13:47:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.auction, Dylan Bradley writes:

My guess is that he has the item, is selling it, doesn't have a scanner, saw
your pi already cut out, centered, Internet ready'd, etc. and decided to
borrow it.

I must confess, that is a heck of a lot easier, and if I were him I'd
probably have done the same thing (That's if he is Legit...).

I believe the official terminology is: Lazy Bugger

I took it much more negatively than this
There are other resources like Pause and Brickset you can link to to show
pictures of sets if you dont have a scanner or digitial camera.

Whereas this looks more like trying to pass off an impression that this is the
actual set on sale. And given that on-line auctions are already a source of
concern regarding fraud, no matter how innocently this guy might have done
through laziness, pointing out the source of this picture should alert
potential buyers to the fact it could just be fraud.

Beside the fact that it is also copyright infringement, which alone gives me
the right to ask ebay to remove the auction. see
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-copyrights.html

I have given the guy 24 hours to remove it or I will ask ebay to.
But I am not sure whether I should alert ebay to possible fraud anyway.

regards
lawrence