 Marketplace / Auctions / 5129
Re: Ebay acution - Potential Fraud?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:33:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:02:40 GMT, "lawrence wilkes"
<lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote:

He probably never saw your copyright notice on your main page - no
need for him to have gone there.

You dont have to see a copyright notice to violate copyright.
Ebay rules are quite clear
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-copyrights.html
eBay Guideline: No Copying Allowed! When you prepare your auction listings you
generally should use only material (text, photographs, etc.) and
trademarks/names that you created or own yourself or licensed from the owners.

eBay Guideline: No Unauthorized Linking to Photos! You cannot link to somebody
else's picture (so it appears in your auction) without the owner's permission.

Well, technically, he isn't linking to your picture.  He copied your
picture and is linking to his copy on his own site.  But I see your
point.

I might be being OTT in suspecting fraud, but still within my rights to
question this auction.

Sure you are.  I think it is a little silly to get bent out of shape
over it, but like I said, I wouldn't bid on the thing anyway, because
I want to see HIS opened and used set, not yours.

But if you were both selling MISB sets I'd say you were being overly
harsh and I'd bid on his anyway, as long as he convinced me his set
was MISB as well.

--
Tired of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html