 Local / United States / Wisconsin / *245 (-40)
  7171

Has anyone recently seen Mos Espa 7171 or the bonus 3 pack it is in at any local retailers in the Milwaukee/N. IL area? thanks for any info in advance, Travis (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

(...) I see that as well. The Kmart in West Allis had a 7141 with about 20% of the parts still in the box. I didn't bother to scan it. I guess narrow, cluttered, ignored aisles invite that kind of thing. ;-( (...) returned! (...) Well, since I saw (...) (23 years ago, 23-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

(...) not the Pit Droid, the Droideka, also called the Destroyer Droid. The $50 set is now down to $12. When I went to the register to check out (I also got some of those $2.50 Gungan sets) the checker was really surprised at the price and told me (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

(...) I can tell you I cleaned out the K-mart in Oconomowoc today, got 5 Gungan Patrols for 2.50 each. They didn't have anything else left, and like you, I had to scan them to find out they were on clearance. Nothing marking them at all, and still (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

(...) no prob. If I don't get a set, I figure why not post the deal and let another AFOL get if they want. (...) yeah... that KB ++sucks++! I have never found anything resembling a deal there. In contrast, I found a ton of deals at the downtown KB (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

I went looking around 7:30pm and the isle was clean. I did get the Fire Fire Headquarters for $25, fair deal for juniorization. Now to find a Walmart w/clearance Legos. Fred (23 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

(...) on (...) store, (...) although (...) Joel, Thanks for the tip, there was one 6600 left today, priced at $40, scanned at $20. Box was open, but at quick glance it seemed pretty complete including all the road pieces. I went over to the KB (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

(...) heehee... sorry. I live just outside Greenfield, and travel a lot around the area on my Lego runs. You should be finding more deals soon, as I am gonna slow down my purchasing a little (right!). And part of my taxes are going to be getting me (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

Now I know where all deals in the Greenfield/Hales Corners area are going!!! I might have to sweet talk the wife into letting me have (some) of Uncle Sam's check for more Legos. Fred (23 years ago, 21-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

(...) thanks okay, I was being hectic this weekend... except today, which is because sundays are my "lego days" :) (...) I am very cool with running a group build at this place, its nice and spacious, and easy to find for out of towners. I told (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

Yeah, Tim was trying to get ahold of you for Friday too.. we were going to try to meet up down in the Kenosha area again.. since he was home on spring break. though plans got rudely changed at the last minute on my end.. I'm up to doing a weekend (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

(...) Hiya, I'd be interested in meeting up with any local brickers. In fact, I just asked Sarah if she would mind if I held a get-together here at our place in Milwaukee. She said it would be cool, but she wants 2 weeks notice. Soooo... I guess (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?

Well that brought 1 out of the woodwork! I know there's more of us around here! Tom, we can always meet again after you get back if we do happen to get together before you come back. Anyone else out there want to come out of the woodwork??? c'mon (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  RE: Anyone want to do Lunch?

Sure.... wait until I am going out of town to get together... :P I am on my way to Indiana on monday for a 3-4 week buisness trip to commision a printing press.. Let me know next time you get together! -Tom Heidemann (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Anyone want to do Lunch?

I haven't been out and about lately in the least, so my finding any deals is pretty slim :( though I know there are more people around here besides you, me and Mike down in kenosha... There's a Tom north of Milw I believe... he's got a technic store (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Re: Looking for a 7181?

the one on Bluemound? Might have to make a little trip tomorrow to see what's there. Hmmmm and just what are you doing in my stomping grounds John! ;) Let me know if you find any other deals while in this area! Tamy (...) (23 years ago, 18-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Looking for a 7181?

The Kmart in Brookfield has one in the toy clearance for $50. Box is a little ripped in front. Hope it helps somebody! -John- (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil)

  Alpha Team in Wisco TRUs

Heya locals! I dunno if anyone is interested in this sorta thing, but the TRUs are starting to get Alpha Team sets, So far I have found 3 sets: the $10 copter, the $4 Ogel Command Striker, and the $20 sub/tank combo. I passed on the $20 set... not (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: MOC commercial for a space travel agency

(...) smoke effect was excellent... Love it! --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- the wildlinks < INSERT HUMOROUS TAGLINE HERE > (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: MOC commercial for a space travel agency

(...) haha! thanks... that's funny to me because that's exactly the reaction I have to your stuff :) I know there's a bit of Spaceman Spiff in me, too. cheers! Joel (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: MOC commercial for a space travel agency

(...) Hi and thanks, actually I haven't gotten the webpage together yet for the cruise ship itself, but it will be explained there that there are "theme cruises" and one of them is "Intergalactic Espionage". There isn't all that much to do as you (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: MOC commercial for a space travel agency

Ahhhh, Cooool! Now I want to make an animation!! I love the whole thing! The robot is durn cool! --Kyle (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: MOC commercial for a space travel agency

(...) HAHAHA HHHAAAAHAHAHHAA HA HA......OH OH THTHTHT THAT WAS TOOOOO GOOD...OH IM GOING TO DIE.....HAHAHAHA HA HA HAHAHHHAA HA....... (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: MOC commercial for a space travel agency

(...) DUDE!!! That is SO cool! I love the docking bus thingy... and the transmogrifyer gizmo, and the bubble head robot, and the stuff and the things,, and and DUDE! ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: MOC commercial for a space travel agency

(...) One huge positive: That rocks. I LOVED it when she blew the smoke out of the gunbarrel. Cotton wool? One small negative comment: set your FUT! FUT lugnet.publish.cinema? (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

"Joel Kuester" <septenemae@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G826vI.2vq@lugnet.com... (...) Cool! :-) Though, I don't quite understand why she had to do all that to get to a stateroom on a cruise spaceship. -Tim (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  MOC commercial for a space travel agency

Hi all! I just finished filming this little project. It was fun to do, as I've always wanted to do animation... I am pleased with the result and look forward to working more with the Lego Studios system. (URL) always, PLMKWYT! I will gladly take any (...) (23 years ago, 1-Feb-01, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Legofest in the Chicago Western Suburbs

Ok everyone, it's time to do something about all this snow by ignoring it and doing something cool with Lego. So, Legofest! When: Saturday, January 13th 6pm (or so) until 10pm (or whenever we stop) Where: My house, which is in Downers Grove, IL. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in)

  Re: Chicago Legofest?

Since you posted in loc.us.mi i guess i would be interested, but the only weekends from now to the 16 are the weekends of the 7 and 13..... 7 is to early and for some michiganders the 12-13-14 are dedicated to a train show, and i dont think i can (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Chicago Legofest?

Hey everyone.. I'd like to have a little legofest sometime between now and the 16th of January when I fly back to Boston. Is anyone up for anything in the Chicago area? I have emailed a few people who I've talked to before about something, but (...) (23 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi)

  Appleton club?

Apparently there is a Lego club in Appleton. Bystanders recall seeing some 8 adults meeting at the library. The local paper covered a building contest. (23 years ago, 23-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: The Imperials have hit Milwaukee...

Having just gotten back from the Waukesha Wallyworld.. with 2 Droid Escape Pods, 1 Movie Set, the Dino attack one.. and the Tie (which I don't get till my b-day :( on the 20th) the Pod set has some great parts!! Tiles, and plates and I think c3po's (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: The Imperials have hit Milwaukee...

(...) I swung by Kenosha WalMart last night (the 6th) again since I was just down the road at Sherwin Williams. Well anyhow there were no Junkyards, but they did have 2 Shuttles and 4 TIEs hidden way up on the top shelf. So that solved my problem (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: The Imperials have hit Milwaukee...

(...) Well I hit the Wal-mart in Kenosha on the night of the 4th, 3 Watto's junk yard, a bunch of At-St's, and I had to go through their boxes to find the escape pod and droid transport. On the fifth I hit the wal-marts in Vernon Hills, IL and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: The Imperials have hit Milwaukee...

(...) yep! That's exactly what I found at the Walmarts I visited. The Tie fighters were all *hidden* behind larger stacks of boxes on the top of the shelving unit... same with the Watto's Junkyard and Shuttle except they were hidden in the lower (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: The Imperials have hit Milwaukee...

(...) and about a dozen battle droid sets yesterday @ 4 in the afternoon. Alas no TIEs or Shuttles though. The Droid Escapes and battledroid sets were up on a top shelf, not easy to spot. travis (23 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  The Imperials have hit Milwaukee...

I picked up all the 2001 Star Wars sets today about 2pm... either they are selling fast or in short supply on the shelves! The highway 100 Walmart had *one* copy of Watto's Junkyard, about 10 of the Droid Escapes, and about 5 of the Episode 1 (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: doh! 2001 retail in stores

(...) Which Target would that be? travis (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: doh! 2001 retail in stores

I spotted some of the new SW sets and Life on Mars sets in my local Target yesterday. The life on Mars sets look pretty cool. I bought a small one, Mono Jet. It has light blue blocks! Mark Lugnet #485 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: doh! 2001 retail in stores

(...) I'll have to admit that fighting IL traffic is worth it to find some new Star Wars Lego sets. I am going to swing by the Kenosha Wal-Mart this afternoon after work to check. I should run over the the Vernon Hills one too, but don't have time (...) (23 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact