 Local / United States / Wisconsin / Milwaukee / 73
Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 05:57:49 GMT

Joel Kuester wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil, John Wood writes:
Joel,
Thanks for the tip, there was one 6600 left today, priced at $40, scanned at
$20.  Box was open, but at quick glance it seemed pretty complete including
all the road pieces.

no prob.  If I don't get a set, I figure why not post the deal and let
another AFOL get if they want.

I went over to the KB Toyworks - no deals there!  Brand new sets seemed to
be ABOVE MSRP - as an example, Watto's Junkyard was $64.99!

yeah... that KB ++sucks++!  I have never found anything resembling a deal
there.  In contrast, I found a ton of deals at the downtown KB at Grand ave
last year.  It has always surprised me at the diffference between stores of
the same chain just because of location, management, or whatever...

I myself don't really claim any territory, since I live in the middle of
Milwaukee County I can get to most stores in the metro area pretty easily
:)  I've been known to road trip it for phenomenal finds, of course.....

I have found that a specific series of stores have the types of deals I like
on a regular basis, and so I like to check them more than the others.  I
have found that on the occasions where I go way outside my normal hunting
grounds I will find an amazing deal like Fire Department for $12, Technic
Droideka for $12, or Podracer Value pack for $9.50... but those are rare.

speaking of the Technic Droideka for $12... the K Mart in New Berlin on
Moorland and National has about 4 or 5 of these as of yesterday.  The
packages are all marked at $40, but they scan at $12.  I don't like this set
enough to get that many of them, but it's a good deal... so if anyone wants
one I bet they still have em.

PS - On the topic of a local get together, I'd be interested, but because of
my varying work schedule including most weekends it would be tough for me to
necessarily say when I could attend one.  If there is a day/time/place
agreed upon, let me know and if I'm free I'll be there!

sure thing.  As soon as anything solid is planned, I will be posting with
the info.  It should be a few weeks at least.

cheers!
Joel K

I can tell you I cleaned out the K-mart in Oconomowoc today, got 5
Gungan Patrols for 2.50 each.  They didn't have anything else left, and
like you, I had to scan them to find out they were on clearance.
Nothing marking them at all, and still in the normal aisle.  Needless to
say, I scanned 90% of the aisle looking for more deals that weren't
marked.  Found nothing :(

Got a number on that Droid? do you mean the pit droid?  If so, I might
have to take a little drive tomorrow night :)

I need to go back to the k-mart on Sunset tomorrow anyway, I picked up a
soccer set, and didn't realize it was already opened and rifled :( it
was hard to tell with the weight of the ball I guess :( or I wouldn't
have grabbed it in the first place.  I don't think Consumer affairs
would want to replace 70% of the set :(  Needless to say, I'm looking
much closer now when it comes to clearance items.

Lets keep up the good work on letting others know about deals :) it's
nice when you know you've got a better chance of getting something!

Tamy :)