 Local / United States / Wisconsin / Milwaukee / 70
Re: Anyone want to do Lunch?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 23:02:17 GMT

I dunno about you guys, but I pretty have the south side of I 94 east of
Brookfield claimed as my territory  :)

speaking of deals lately:  I found a couple Hiway constructions at Kmart • on
70th and Greenfield for $20.  They might still be there.  At the same • store,
they had a slew of Millenia Slizers for $5 and the about 5 of the $50 race
set for $25.  The Chase avenue Kmart had a bunch of similar deals, • although
most of the boxes were ripped into by little hands, so buyer beware.

that's about it for now
cheers!
Joel K

Joel,
Thanks for the tip, there was one 6600 left today, priced at $40, scanned at
$20.  Box was open, but at quick glance it seemed pretty complete including
all the road pieces.

I went over to the KB Toyworks - no deals there!  Brand new sets seemed to
be ABOVE MSRP - as an example, Watto's Junkyard was $64.99!

I myself don't really claim any territory, since I live in the middle of
Milwaukee County I can get to most stores in the metro area pretty easily
:)  I've been known to road trip it for phenomenal finds, of course.....

-John-

PS - On the topic of a local get together, I'd be interested, but because of
my varying work schedule including most weekends it would be tough for me to
necessarily say when I could attend one.  If there is a day/time/place
agreed upon, let me know and if I'm free I'll be there!