 Local / United States / Wisconsin / 136
Re: The Imperials have hit Milwaukee...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 21:35:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.wi, Travis Yanke writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.wi, Joel Kuester writes:
I picked up all the 2001 Star Wars sets today about 2pm... either they are
selling fast or in short supply on the shelves!

snip

Kenosha too, well sort of. Wal Mart there had 4 ATSTs, about 6 Droid Escapes
and about a dozen battle droid sets yesterday @ 4 in the afternoon. Alas no
TIEs or Shuttles though. The Droid Escapes and battledroid sets were up on a
top shelf, not easy to spot.

travis

yep!  That's exactly what I found at the Walmarts I visited.  The Tie fighters
were all *hidden* behind larger stacks of boxes on the top of the shelving
unit... same with the Watto's Junkyard and Shuttle except they were hidden in
the lower shelves.  I think that the stock people who put the items out are
trying to be sly so they can buy sets as gifts or maybe themselves.

The moral of the story: always check the top shelves at Walmart... I have found
some amazing deals on old sets that way.

cheers!
Joel K