Re: visit to Raleigh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 02:11:25 GMT

Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:Fvnqqr.HuF@lugnet.com...

There is a web site (http://www.io.com/~sj/legosails.html) that discusses
sail making in explicit detail.  I imagine the same suggestions would • apply
to making flags.

This Is an excellent site.  I want to try the sails in a somewhat thinner,
more tightly woven fabric.   Crisper edges on paint or ink on more tightly
woven fabric.  Stiffness can be compensated for /added by other means.   I
also want to do abutton hole sticht add around the outer edge and an eyelet
sticth around the holes.

It is highly unlikely that I will be able to come by on Wednesday unless • you
all plan to meet really late.  Even then it would be a stretch.  I return • on
the red-eye (from LA) Wednesday morning and my wife leaves for Chicago
Thursday morning.  I imagine getting out of the house on Wednesday night
will be a stretch.  One never knows for sure so please send me directions • as
well and I'll see what I can do.

Have a safe trip there and back.  I'm sure you'll do whatever is best.
Sounds like a killer schedule.  I can't imagine you that you wouldn't be
exhausted upon returning.  Also,  I don't think I'd appreciate my husband
going off to a meeting right after getting back from a trip if I were
leaving the next day.  Your wife might feel the same way.

On top of everything else that is going on this week, my office (work) is • in
the process of moving.  I have forgotten how much stuff I have accumulated
at work.  I am responsible for our office so the whole relocation process
has taken a lot more time lately (hence my lack of participation here) • than
I thought it would or should.  I guess the only upside in the process is • it
forced me to go through my office.  I have LEGO stuff shipped to the • office
periodically and have a box in one corner where I have been throwing sets
that I had no immediate need for.  I had forgotten some of the things that
were in there (a 5542 for one).  Nothing of any real significance but • quite
a bit more than I had thought was in the box.

On Thursday (if people are still interested), any and all are welcome to
stop by anytime after 5:30 or so.  If you are interested drop me a note • and
I'll e-mail out directions (I would prefer not to post them).  I thought I
would fire up the Bar-B-Q and provide burgers and dogs (if you want
something else YOYO).  My kids will be around (ages five and three) so if
you have kids and want to bring them they are welcome.

Thanks!  This may be a possibility also.  My 4th grader would like this.
She loves Lego and is  good with and enjoys younger children.   And if
something unexpected comes up Weds. it gives me one more chance.

sheree

My mobile phone number (best way to reach me) is 919.349.5833 and it can
also receive brief e-mail messages at 9193495833@mobile.att.net if that is
easier.

Mike

--