Re: visit to Raleigh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 01:31:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
I would like to trace some paper patterns of sails, flags, and anything
else Lego made from fabric.     I aim to create some unique products, • items
to trade.   If anyone is willing to let me trace theirs please bring • them.

Ok, actually, I'll try photocopying them and see how useable that is. I • know
I've got every sail pattern (since I'm "ship with fabric sails" complete • (6057
plus all the pirates and islanders - though 6057 uses the same sail • pattern as
a bunch of the pirate sets), and probably all the flag patterns.

The critical mesurements are the distances between the holes and the
diameter of the holes.  All photocopiers distort size to one degree or
another, so if you make photo copies (which would certainly shorten my work
time) I would like to check them with the real thing.  The big castle flag
with the 3 finger fringe is the one that I am most interested in - the one
with the shape  like the flag of the Castle World website.

Ok, I just ran a page with a few fabric items. My copier doesn't distort the
items to any noticeable degree. I suspect that the fact that it's one of those
"personal" copiers helps. The glass is only a half an inch or so from the
drum. I'm not sure if there even is a lens. There could be some end to end
distortion if the paper slips, but I ran one of the big pirate sails which is
almost 10" long, and there is less than a millimeter of stretching. I don't
think you'll get any more distortion than a trace would get.

Frank