Re: visit to Raleigh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 01:00:08 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:FvnnvI.9A8@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:

Cary Clark <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message
I don't think 'Pizza To Go' (6350) makes deliveries in my area, but • Papa
John's does, so if pizza is OK with everyone then takeout sounds like a
fine idea. How does meeting at 6:30 sound? Martin, when does your
business day conclude? Of course, anyone who wants to come after (or
during) pizza is also welcome.

Cary

Sounds fine.  Cary, thanks !  Having it even a little closer, means I can
spend more time meeting and less driving. I will need directions.  It is • a
very generous of you to offer your home as a meeeting place, especially
considering the fact that you and your wife have company coming the next
day.

I've decided to bag my Wednesday stuff, so I'll be showing up. I don't • really
do pizza, but I'll just bring something else along with me.

I have been wondering what I am going to bring.   Should I bring my 5 UN
posters for ya'll to see or does everyone have them?  Aside from a little
Fabuland, I  can't think of much else .  I must admit most of my thoughts
have been about getting to see what everyone else brings to share and • just
getting to listen to <Lego talk> .

I'd love to see the UN posters. I should order a set, but my conscience • won't
let me without figuring out a way to compensate them (since I won't be • using
them directly for educational purposes). I could justify it a bit if I • ordered
two sets and "came out" at church about my LEGO habit.

Maggie  Cambron came up with some good suggestions about this.
http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=18304

I'll be bringing my various creations:

Red Seas Barracuda (red/white/dk grey 6285)
Green Mennace (pirate ship on a 6250 hull)
Blacktron Challenger
A few train creations
anything else I make before then (I'm going to be running the pirate game • at
Brickfest so I need to try and make some more ships and stuff)

If people want to see some of the new stuff (Soccer, Dino, and Race), I • can
bring that.

All of this sounds good.

I would like to trace some paper patterns of sails, flags, and anything
else Lego made from fabric.     I aim to create some unique products, • items
to trade.   If anyone is willing to let me trace theirs please bring • them.

Ok, actually, I'll try photocopying them and see how useable that is. I • know
I've got every sail pattern (since I'm "ship with fabric sails" complete • (6057
plus all the pirates and islanders - though 6057 uses the same sail • pattern as
a bunch of the pirate sets), and probably all the flag patterns.

The critical mesurements are the distances between the holes and the
diameter of the holes.  All photocopiers distort size to one degree or
another, so if you make photo copies (which would certainly shorten my work
time) I would like to check them with the real thing.  The big castle flag
with the 3 finger fringe is the one that I am most interested in - the one
with the shape  like the flag of the Castle World website.

If you make things with the patterns, I'd love to buy some from you. I'd
especially like more sails like the ones on the ship from 6277, but also • some
of the other sails in different patterns from TLCs.

I will need someone to test and critic whatever I come up with.  A freebie
or two will be in order first for providing the patterns and then maybe
another if you're willing to test and make suggestions for improvements.  I
also can  repair any damaged or frayed sails.  Quilts,fabric are my primary
addiction, area of competence.  Lego is second, gaining on it, but probably
never overtaking.

sheree

Frank