Re: visit to Raleigh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 01:27:18 GMT

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FvnpJ8.ErK@lugnet.com...

[ ... mucho snippage ... ]

Ok, actually, I'll try photocopying them and see how useable that is. I • know
I've got every sail pattern (since I'm "ship with fabric sails" complete • (6057
plus all the pirates and islanders - though 6057 uses the same sail • pattern as
a bunch of the pirate sets), and probably all the flag patterns.

The critical mesurements are the distances between the holes and the
diameter of the holes.  All photocopiers distort size to one degree or
another, so if you make photo copies (which would certainly shorten my • work
time) I would like to check them with the real thing.  The big castle flag
with the 3 finger fringe is the one that I am most interested in - the one
with the shape  like the flag of the Castle World website.

If you make things with the patterns, I'd love to buy some from you. I'd
especially like more sails like the ones on the ship from 6277, but also • some
of the other sails in different patterns from TLCs.

I will need someone to test and critic whatever I come up with.  A freebie
or two will be in order first for providing the patterns and then maybe
another if you're willing to test and make suggestions for improvements. • I
also can  repair any damaged or frayed sails.  Quilts,fabric are my • primary
addiction, area of competence.  Lego is second, gaining on it, but • probably
never overtaking.

There is a web site (http://www.io.com/~sj/legosails.html) that discusses
sail making in explicit detail.  I imagine the same suggestions would apply
to making flags.

It is highly unlikely that I will be able to come by on Wednesday unless you
all plan to meet really late.  Even then it would be a stretch.  I return on
the red-eye (from LA) Wednesday morning and my wife leaves for Chicago
Thursday morning.  I imagine getting out of the house on Wednesday night
will be a stretch.  One never knows for sure so please send me directions as
well and I'll see what I can do.

On top of everything else that is going on this week, my office (work) is in
the process of moving.  I have forgotten how much stuff I have accumulated
at work.  I am responsible for our office so the whole relocation process
has taken a lot more time lately (hence my lack of participation here) than
I thought it would or should.  I guess the only upside in the process is it
forced me to go through my office.  I have LEGO stuff shipped to the office
periodically and have a box in one corner where I have been throwing sets
that I had no immediate need for.  I had forgotten some of the things that
were in there (a 5542 for one).  Nothing of any real significance but quite
a bit more than I had thought was in the box.

On Thursday (if people are still interested), any and all are welcome to
stop by anytime after 5:30 or so.  If you are interested drop me a note and
I'll e-mail out directions (I would prefer not to post them).  I thought I
would fire up the Bar-B-Q and provide burgers and dogs (if you want
something else YOYO).  My kids will be around (ages five and three) so if
you have kids and want to bring them they are welcome.

My mobile phone number (best way to reach me) is 919.349.5833 and it can
also receive brief e-mail messages at 9193495833@mobile.att.net if that is
easier.

Mike

--