 Local / United States / 190
189  |  191
Subject:
U.S. federal income taxes not legal? (was: Re: Can Harry Browne do it?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.loc.us
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 00:13:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
I've gotta look this up to be sure, because I couldn't believe my ears, but
I thought that Browne said there was no federal income tax before something
like 1913.  [...]

Ah yes, here it is...the 16th Amendment.

http://www.constitution.org/constit_.htm
http://www.constitution.org/afterte_.htm#amd16
http://www.cato.org/pubs/journal/cj14n3-1.html
http://www.trimonline.org/congress/articles/before_tax.htm
http://www.americannonconformist.com/incometax.html
http://www.taxableincome.net/
http://www.bigeye.com/fedtax.htm

--Todd

[crossposted to .off-topic.debate & .loc.us]