 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 164
Re: LegOz 2000.3 Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:21:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, David Low writes:
Dave,how are you recovering from the sales ?

I've grabbed the instructions -- and I'm delighted to note there _is_ a
superpower supplement...

Re the sales: ended up with the stone tower bridge (a well designed set,
but... [rant moved to bottom of post]), GPSP, battle droid (love it) and a few
smaller sets.

I've got a 1/64 model of the Monkey Magic Magic Mountain of Monkeys, and (I
think) enough bricks. Just gotta get me some simians...

Dave

I've probably got six simmering simians for you, more a skeleton man myself.

<rant:begins> Lego pulled a really cheap piece of work on this set (6089). One
of the large grey slopes has no stone printing, and one of the revolving doors
has no japanese screen printing, (absent) features which are quite deceitfully
(IMVHO) misrepresented on the box. </rant:over>

Yeah I was actually looking at the box closely today, and noticed the same
thing with the door.

-pete.w