 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 155
Re: LegOz 2000.3 Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:39:12 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, David Drew writes:

"Dave Low" <stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com> wrote in message
I'm in on the battle, but I'm not very Brikwars aware. How many special
characters are you allowed? And are there any super-powers (a la the caped
crusader)?

Yeah, I'm not up on the whole Brikwars thing. Can someone explain the
concept / execution / rules / purpose of it?

David, you coming along on Sunday 4th June ?
James and Pete.C were discussing the concept on Saturday at the Vikings expo,
and I thought it would be interesting to see it in operation.
James provided Pete.C with instructions of some sort so maybe check with
James regarding this. He must be otherwise engaged to have not entered the
discussion.

I actually downloaded the instructions from
http://www.teleport.com/~rayhawks/1998/bwframes.htm. It's quite lengthy, but
extremely well written and very funny. Makes it all worthwhile. I encourage
you to read it, it really is quite entertaining.

For some examples of how the others do it, check out
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=374 and
http://www.nelug.org/bw040100/

As for the purpose of it I think it's one of those 'boy things',a bit like
chess with the kapow factor 'upped'. Should be worth a look.

After reading the instructions, I was quite excited. It looks like it could be
a lot of fun, whilst still maintaining a level of creativity. Master story-
teller R. Parsons Esq. would have a field-day commentating on such an event!

Pete Callaway
(10 and closing. Stay on Target!)