 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 165
Re: LegOz 2000.3 Brikwars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:37:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, David Low writes:
Dave,how are you recovering from the sales ?

I've grabbed the instructions -- and I'm delighted to note there _is_ a
superpower supplement...

Re the sales: ended up with the stone tower bridge (a well designed set,
but... [rant moved to bottom of post]), GPSP, battle droid (love it) and a • few
smaller sets.

I've got a 1/64 model of the Monkey Magic Magic Mountain of Monkeys, and (I
think) enough bricks. Just gotta get me some simians...

Dave

I've probably got six simmering simians for you, more a skeleton man myself.

sweeeet

<rant:begins> Lego pulled a really cheap piece of work on this set (6089). • One
of the large grey slopes has no stone printing, and one of the revolving • doors
has no japanese screen printing, (absent) features which are quite • deceitfully
(IMVHO) misrepresented on the box. </rant:over>

Yeah I was actually looking at the box closely today, and noticed the same
thing with the door.

-pete.w