 Local / Australia / 10214
Re: lugnet.sports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:21:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:

But this discussion shouldn't be happening, after all, Larry claims he
doesn't "pay much attention to sport." (see
http://news.lugnet.com/loc/au/?n=10143) ;-)

Note the phrasing here... "pay MUCH attention" (emphasis mine). Some small
amount can still be paid and not invalidate the truth value of the statement.

Real life sport, my antipodean friend.

Is that the case?

Well, what about

BTW, a foul that goes into the bleachers isn't an attempted swing,
it's a swing that actually connected.

from http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=17060
(Noting that you go on to claim to not like the sport, while you also
discuss the technicalities - so you must pay *some* attention to it, right?)

It would be Un-American not to know that much about Baseball, so I do my
patriotic duty even if the proceedings themselves usually bore me to tears.

or

Sydney was awash in Commys during the Olympics, Holden must have had
4000 of them (seriously) for ferrying officials around and stuff, all
badged with big Holden logos on the doors. They had a really sweet gold
painted SS Ute at the torch relay ceremonies.
from http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/fun/?n=6560

(Or were you just watching the cars?)

Of course I was just watching the cars... and the people. Didn't actually
care about the Games themselves except as a way to observe popular culture.
(I read "you know what" for the articles, too.)

or
...I built a minature golf hole a while back...
from http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=12698

Miniature Golf isn't a sport, it's more of a comedy exhibition. Besides, the
hole was built from LEGO(r), unlike the rest of them.

or
Why, just today at lunch, my officemates managed to defeat me and my
partner at foosball 3 times
from http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=7770
(or does foosball not count as a sport)

now you're starting to pin me down a bit better, I suppose. How do I worm
out of that one? It's because we have one at home, that's it. I bought it
for the kids, not for me. Don't actually LIKE the game, merely need to be
able to thump my kids when I need to, so have to play adults when I get the
chance to stay sharp. Besides it's not a sport either. Ya, that's the ticket.

or even
...I do like darts.
from http://news.lugnet.com/people/?n=318

Due to my brother in law being good at it, mind you. He was reading over my
shoulder, ya, that's it.

Richie
Archivist.

You earned that title with THIS post, that's for sure. Where did you dredge
these all up? Amazing!