 Administrative / Suggestions / 498
Re: lugnet.sports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:02:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Kevin Wilson writes:

In NNTP, you only see the specific group, not its subgroups - they come up
as a separate group. And remembering what happened when NNTP was down some
time ago - the posting rate dropped noticeably - I think a lot of people use
NNTP and that needs to be kept in mind.

In that case I would urge against sub-categorization.  I doubt there will be
such a huge amount of traffic to merit it anyway.  Over on fbtb there have
been on the order of 80 sports-related posts over the last month (two major
threads discussing the upcoming NBA and NHL lines and then a few smaller
threads, also about the NBA figures).  Even assuming double that, we're
still only talking like 5 or 6 posts a day.

Bruce