 Administrative / Suggestions / 499
Re: FTX colours
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 03:52:09 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Ross Crawford writes:
Hi,

Something which always bothered me a bit, and I just remembered. The
background colour that's applied when you use "main heading" text in FTX
(with ===) doesn't work very well with the colours of links (clicked &
non-clicked). If you go here http://www.lugnet.com/~469/ then click on the
"home" link in the footer, you'll see what I mean. Even the un-clicked link
in the header doesn't look great.

I realise the link colours are probably optimised for the news group headers,
so maybe a different colour for the FTX background would be better?

I'm no graphic artist, so don't ask me for ideas, but maybe something a bit
lighter?

Maybe something a bit lighter, but the main heading bar was actually never
intended for links (or especially images) in the first place.  It's there for
section labels.

Note, BTW, that when an FTX page is rendered for the printer, the main heading
text displays in bold italics -- in the classic style of O'Reilly Nutshell
books -- for example:

   http://www.lugnet.com/print.cgi?/publish/ftx/guide/all
   http://www.lugnet.com/print.cgi?/~469/

It's definitely not meant to be used as a background.  It's for high-contrast
text -- white text on a very dark background -- just for section labels.

--Todd

p.s.  The link colors are whatever you define in your web browser; they aren't
redefined or forced to blue/purple.