 Administrative / Suggestions / 492
Re: lugnet.sports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:04:44 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

With the announcement today of the NHL agreement, there is added impetus to
rename lugnet.football (lugnet.soccer) to be lugnet.sports, to encompass
football/soccer, the NBA sets, future NHL sets, and any potential future
sports themes.  Actually I would include the extreme sports under that theme
too, so things like those skateboard sets.

I think so too, but with the (more international) name "sport" instead of
"sports"...  i.e.:

  lugnet.sport

with the potential for sub-expansion, for example:

  lugnet.sport.basketball
  lugnet.sport.football
  lugnet.sport.hockey

--Todd

Works for me! The problem though is... what is football? With the
international flavor of the name you can make an excellent and valid
argument that football is soccer and not NFL. (if and when NFL ever gets
licensed)

Also, I wonder if the names ought to go with the licenses?

lugnet.sport.NBA and lugnet.sport.NHL

rather than the sports themselves...

lugnet.sport.basketball and lugnet.sport.hockey

This conforms to the product names LEGO(r) chose right? It doesn't, I don't
think, help with soccer/football though.

Finally will you be able to move existing groups or do you have to
close/archive and start anew? In the past IIRC you were able to perform magic.