 Administrative / Suggestions / 497
Re: lugnet.sports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:58:59 GMT

Bruce Hietbrink wrote in message ...
At least using a web browser as an interface, if you read the .castle group
you see the .castle.ninja posts as well.  So if a theme had subgroups for
the subthemes they would all still show up in the more general group.  Any
other MOC that fell outside of the subthemes would just go in the more
general group.  So a custom baseball stadium would go in .sports rather • than
into any .sports.whatever.
I'm not sure how all of this works using other interfaces, though.

In NNTP, you only see the specific group, not its subgroups - they come up
as a separate group. And remembering what happened when NNTP was down some
time ago - the posting rate dropped noticeably - I think a lot of people use
NNTP and that needs to be kept in mind. See this thread:
http://news.lugnet.com/admin/nntp/?n=911

Kevin
NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-cott.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information: