 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6181
Re: Shop At Home feedback requested.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 03:06:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
   Shop at Home has asked the LEGO Ambassadors to get feedback from the comunities about the concepts listed below; The response we gather and compile will be used to, decide which themes to develop further:

Here is what S@H wants to know:

Do you like these concepts? What do you like about them? What do you not like about them? What should S@H pursue and what should they throw out? Is there anything specific that you’d like to see within the undefined categories (amusement park rides=roller coaster)?

Town
  • Everyday buildings on mini fig scale, e.g railway stations, businesses to fit train displays

More everyday buildings in minifig scale would be great. I’m not sure that building designed specifically to fit train displays would go over that well. There are lots of ALE’s that would love them, but most kids who have a LEGO collection don’t have a train.

  • Bridges

This idea has potential. Personally, I’d rather see a medieval bridge for a Castle layout.

World Buildings
  • Taj Mahal

So-so

  • Sydney opera house

That one would be really funky to do with LEGOS.

  • Empire state building

A building that was proportioned to look like the Empire State Building would be huge at minifig scale. What you could do is make a regular sized building and then sell seperate floor modules that could be stacked in the middle. If you want your builfing to be taller, just buy more modules.

Vehicles
  • Muscle cars, hot rods
  • Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented
  • Classic cars

Not my cup of tea, but I’m sure that there’s interest for this out there.

Aircraft
  • Civil transport planes
  • Classic planes from the early days of aviation

Yes on both.

Other Structures
  • Oil rig with functions

That would be really sweet.

  • Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides

Sounds like it might be expensive (moving rides means motors), but the fun-factor could have a good chance at overcoming the parents-don’t-want-to-spend-that-much-factor.

Please reply with you answers in this thread. I will be compiling a report for S@H on Tuesday afternoon, so you have untill 12:00pm EST Tuesday to reply

David Gregory