 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6174
Re: Shop At Home feedback requested.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 16:29:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Van Winden wrote:

   Here is what S@H wants to know:

Do you like these concepts? What do you like about them? What do you not like about them? What should S@H pursue and what should they throw out? Is there anything specific that you’d like to see within the undefined categories (amusement park rides=roller coaster)?

Town
  • Everyday buildings on mini fig scale, e.g railway stations, businesses to fit train displays

Yes, this above all other ideas. More earth toned architectural elements. A small grocery, a barber shop, a malt shop, a Spamcake Diner® (if they can afford that license:-)

  • Bridges
Bridges are nice, but big, which equals $$$. Best to give us a bucket of earth-toned bricks.

World Buildings

Make the necessary bricks available in good colors and builders will build whatever specific building they want, because these are big, and big equals $$$ (did I mention that already?)

  • Taj Mahal
  • Sydney opera house
  • Empire state building
Vehicles
  • Muscle cars, hot rods

Love’em.

  • Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented
  • Classic cars

All cars are good. Derivitives especially.
   Aircraft
  • Civil transport planes
  • Classic planes from the early days of aviation

Unfortunately, the best planes are military, and if TLG doesn’t want to go there, then there isn’t much there;-)

   Other Structures
  • Oil rig with functions
  • Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides

Those concepts are cool, but don’t appeal to a wide enough audience I fear.

So, in conclusion, town buildings with more architectural elements in earthier colors, and lots of cars (mini-land scale) H1, Jeep, ‘57 Chevy, Beetle (multiple years), Rolls, Ausin Martin (Bond, anyone?), of course CHITTY-- the most fantasmagorical car of all!, Double decker London bus, Greyhound; I could go on and on. And lots of these cars need chrome elements. Pimp my LEGO. Low riders-- with neon lights. Now I’m ramblin’.... ramblin’ ramblin’ r-a-m-b-l-i-n-apostrophe....

JOHN