 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6171
Re: Shop At Home feedback requested.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:18:52 GMT

[Town]

Everyday buildings, yes, yes, yes! But make them realistic, solid, and
either 3-D or at least a substantive facade (i.e. doll's house style). None
of these "breezeway" buildings.

Bridges are of less interest to me, but 1-2 on the same scale as the Town
buildings would integrate nicely.

[World Buildings]

Yes, yes, yes! I would buy these before any other category. And as has
happened with Star Wars, consider making these in different sizes for
different budgets, e.g. Ultimate Collector size (large), midsize and
microscale.

[Vehicles]

* Muscle cars, hot rods
* Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented
* Classic cars

Not a theme that would especially interest me, unless there was some good
Technics involved (eg. 8448  Super Street Sensation quality)

[Aircraft]

* Civil transport planes
* Classic planes from the early days of aviation

Not a theme that would especially interest me, unless it was a good Technics
style set.

[Other Structures]

* Oil rig with functions
* Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides

An oil rig would not be an extensible theme. Apart from the oil rig and a
helicopter and a supply ship and a few passing sharks, there's not a lot
more scope for the theme.

But an amusement park would be fantastic. Lots of scope for this theme:
different rides, entrance buildings, kiosks, minifigs, hot-air balloons. The
"fantasy" nature of the amusement park would allow lots of bits and pieces
from other themes to be incorporated. Think of Disneyland with its trains,
boats, jungles, space flights, etc. This would be a very open-ended theme.
And it can be used as an extension of the town/train themes.