 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6163
Re: Shop At Home feedback requested.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:09:29 GMT

Jeff Van Winden wrote:

Shop at Home has asked the LEGO Ambassadors to get feedback from the comunities
about the concepts listed below; The response we gather and compile will be used
to, decide which themes to develop further:

[Make sure you read the legal disclaimer below :) ]

Here is what S@H wants to know:

Do you like these concepts?
What do you like about them?
What do you not like about them?
What should S@H pursue and what should they throw out?
Is there anything specific that you'd like to see within the undefined
categories (amusement park rides=roller coaster)?

[Town]

* Everyday buildings on mini fig scale, e.g railway stations, businesses to fit
  train displays • Definatly good, we need all the buildings we can get.
* Bridges
Definatly good, maybe a suspension bridge or a truss bridge (think of all
the technic beams they could have :)

[World Buildings]

* Taj Mahal
* Sydney opera house
* Empire state building • These would be great but not if they are too big.

[Vehicles]

* Muscle cars, hot rods • This would be good.
* Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented • Not that much interest in Ferrari.
* Classic cars • Yep, classic cars would be great (how about a LEGO Model T...)
[Aircraft]

* Civil transport planes
I would LOVE to see a nice-sized model of a Boeing 747 or an Airbus A380 or
other such planes (and this time, give it an underbelly in a color other
than grey :)
* Classic planes from the early days of aviation
Definatly like this idea.

How about a "planes that changed the world" theme which would include some
of the most famous planes in history.
For example:
Wright Flyer (as the first ever airplane)
Bell X-1 (as the first airplane to go faster than the speed of sound)
Spirit of Saint Louis (as the first airplane to go on a non-stop solo
flight over the atlantic)
Southern Cross (as the first airplane to go on a solo flight over the
pacific IIRC)
Boeng 707 (as the airplane that ushered in the modern jet age)
etc

[Other Structures]

* Oil rig with functions • This I would sbuy (although it would probobly be full of new grey :( )
* Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides
If LEGO can get a working rollercoaster (preferably either one that looks
like a classic woodie with lots of beams and such for the supports or one
that looks like a modern steelie with loops and stuff), sign me up :)

Please reply with you answers in this thread. I will be compiling a report for
S@H on Tuesday afternoon, so you have untill 12:00pm EST Tuesday to reply

Legal stuff :

[Please be aware that your answers, feedback, ideas, concepts, know-how or
suggestions submitted in any communication which you send to the LEGO Group as
part of your this survey (aka Your Material) becomes public knowledge and,
therefore, the LEGO Group reserves the right to use Your Material, for any
purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing,
marketing and selling products using Your Material. ]

This same question is also being posted to mutiple forums, so if you have
already repied, there is no need to do it again.

Jeff Van Winden

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/Ambassador/la-logo-small.jpg>>