 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6180
Re: Shop At Home feedback requested.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 05:46:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
   Shop at Home has asked the LEGO Ambassadors to get feedback from the comunities about the concepts listed below; The response we gather and compile will be used to, decide which themes to develop further:

Town
  • Everyday buildings on mini fig scale, e.g railway stations, businesses to fit train displays

Railway stations... Don’t we have 4554 and 4513 etc. already? Re-release 4554 and keep 4513 alive and we have two great choices. Saves on R&D too. ;)

Strip malls or plazas would be great.

  • Bridges
Not much to say.

World Buildings
  • Taj Mahal
  • Sydney opera house
  • Empire state building

If they want these things to go retail, I can see it... 2000+ pieces set built in micro scale and cost upwards of US$200. How’d Lego do with their previous sculpture sets like Statue of Liberty? Lego may lose money on these things.

   Vehicles
  • Muscle cars, hot rods
  • Ferrari e.g F40, F50, specific historical race represented
  • Classic cars

I’d like to see a gen 2 TOYOTA PRIUS made into a motorized Technic set.

What about a dull 4-door people’s car like Corolla (or even Camry!) that nobody else want to make a diecast out of?

A ubiquitous city bus would be cool too. Candidates: Prevost H3 series, New Flyer D40LF, or Orion VII (The ubiquitous tour buses, transit buses in the west and east respectively). These are best rendered the Model Team way. If you want European, try one of these Vanhool A330s.

   Aircraft
  • Civil transport planes
Doesn’t 7893 already falls into this category?

  • Classic planes from the early days of aviation
Wright flyer... check Sopwith camel... check Red Baron... check Next stop... Hindenberg! :-)

Do a Concorde too!

   Other Structures
  • Oil rig with functions
  • Amusement park with functioning mechanical rides
These two are good ones. Is it the “waving hammer” type of oil rig or a drilling rig? Speaking of myself I like off-shore drilling rigs the most.

Expand 5525 Amusement Park to minifig scale, with mechanisms thrown in, and we have a winner!

My own stuff:

Can Lego please bring back themes and Technic figures to the Technic line?

Legal stuff :

(Snip)

I couldn’t care less about legalese.

Keith