 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1174 (-100)
  Mosaic: ongoing problems

(...) My extra parts arrived today, too. Unfortunately I am _still_ a bag of #3 short. (It looks as though the software glitch shifting the picture up one line may have cost just enough #3 pixels from my carefully constructed picture to make the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  2001 40 years LEGO in USA

Dear TLC and LEGO Direct, 2001 will be the 40th Anniversary of LEGO in the USA. And 2002 will be the 40th Anniversary of LEGO in Canada. Is TLC planning on any anniversary celebrations? The reason I ask is because back in 1998 TLC celebrated 25 (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general) !

  Re: in USA too (was: Re: LEGO Direct in Europe)

"Eric McCarthy" <eric@reasoning.com> wrote in message news:3A106F8A.B5FEAE...ing.com... (...) Not only that, but the "wishlist" feature is sorely lacking in terms of what I expect from a web wishlist, in particular: The wishlist should be linkable, (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

(...) My extra parts arrived today, before the mosaics themselves arrived! Paul Sinasohn (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Information Update

Jake: It was a Joke! Actually, I do appreciate your postings and willingness to pass along information. It would be immensely beneficial if you could share with us precisely what your role is with LEGO. "Producer" is pretty vague. (My apologies if I (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Information Update

(...) Aye, like I said, a long shot. :D But thanks for looking into it! eric (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Information Update

(...) Unfortunately, it is not a matter of being able to tell you or not. It is an issue of I simply don't have any info. I will see what I can dig up though, but for now, no additional info. Jake --- Jake McKee Senior Producer LEGO Direct (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Information Update

(...) Unfortunately, it is not a matter of being able to tell you or not. It is an issue of I simply don't have any info. I will see what I can dig up though, but for now, no additional info. Jake (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

*Retraction* I did see the mosaic at the Kidvention, but must have been dazed because the new color *is* lighter than light gray. I couldn't believe that I had remembered something so significant so wrong, so I called Consumer Affairs and asked to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Information Update

(...) Jake- Thanks so much for taking the time to answer some of these questions (and also for your timely response on the Mosaic question). It's great that LEGO Direct is becoming such an active participant in Lugnet. (...) I do have one question (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Information Update

OK Jon, let me assure you that Mosaic IS NOT dead. We had a bug in the software that we are fixing. The project is not dead. Jake (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Information Update

(...) See, what did I predict!? Mosaic is dead (well, sorta, for now) -Jon :-( (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Information Update

All, I just wanted to drop a line to give some updates to some questions that I have seen posted on LUGNET. I am sure this message will pose more questions, and I will do my best to answer them as I can. *** Disclaimer *** Don't take this info as (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Mosaic?

Jake McKee wrote in message ... (...) Thank you Jake and Lego for answering our questions in such a timely manner. Rose (We love you Jake) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

(...) It's a brand-new process for TLC, and they discovered a problem. That's not a big surprise with something like this, for all the reasons you point out. I'm *encouraged* that they discovered the problem, and took proactive steps to deal with (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

I ordered my Mosaic from the Netherlands (shipped from Denmark) and even before I received it, I got an email saying they made an error and will ship the extra parts I will be needing. Eric (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  in USA too (was: Re: LEGO Direct in Europe)

Horst, Thanks for a good description of the website problems. Your comments apply equally well to the USA website. I also completed one order, enduring the javascript menu loading. However, a coworker of mine told me today that he tried to order an (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

I got an email this morning from them warning me that one of my mosaics had been packed wrong. Here's the text: ---...--- Dear LEGO® Shop at Home Customer, Due to a technical problem, your LEGO Mosaic set was shipped with an incomplete assortment of (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) In all honesty, my guess is that if you did it, you'd get your mosaic. If you did it, and you built the mosaic, and then you went on eBay and sold it, and the record company noticed and went after LEGO, LEGO could point at the user agreement (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

<big snip> (...) <big snip> Does not infringe on copyright huh. Well does that mean I couldn't make a mosaic of the Led Zeppelin I cover (which would lend itself very well to a mosaic btw). This may be more of an issue wuth the record company. Who (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

(...) From an individual's perspective, this would certainly appear as simple as you describe it. But, from an accounting system or MRP systems perspective, this is a ROYAL NIGHTMARE. Look at it this way. (LEGO before Mosaic) My computer system (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

Hello Mosaicers, (...) What happened is that the set is currently "not available" both in Germany and the US. Let's hope that this is just a temporary shortage. I was just ready to order one or two of them, after having read through the information (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGO Direct in Europe

Hi everybody, I just placed a DM 500 order with LEGO Direct in Germany: (URL) Functionally, this worked perfectly, and I could do it in German language. However, the user friendliness of the site did not really convince me, so I took the opportunity (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

(...) I don't see why the mosaic should be hard for them to ship. Ultimately, because of how it's packaged, its just a group of sets which are ordered in a somewhat bizarre way. Ok, I guess they do package the thing into a "set" box, and then into a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

Much as I was afraid of. (Note, that I _still_ don't have mine yet...) While I'm glad that they are easliy willing to correct their mistake.... S@H doesn't have the systems to handle customized ordering (bad MRP system). And, they can't afford to (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: new slope pieces wanted (was: Re: What set has black roof peak/gable?)

(...) I also long for access to these kinds of slopes. However, lacking them (and lacking any indication that they might exist anytime soon), I've starting accumulating 2xN plates. With plates, I can change angles, and have odd-shaped rooflines with (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: new slope pieces wanted (was: Re: What set has black roof peak/gable?)

I notice that some of the airplane slopes (on the top front) are made of 33 degree on the front, and 45 degree on the 2 sides. Perhaps TLC should create 2 pieces from this 3 sided slope, so that it could have applications elsewhere, such as a roof (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

S@H is straightening this out and getting me the #2 bags that should have been loaded in the box. S@H rocks! (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Chrome Knights now at LEGO Shop At Home

(...) ....<snip>.... (...) I have had reasonable sucess finding Lego sets (ex. sets 1094, 3069) at Hannafords grocery (URL) have purchased other small sets (like 1068 and 1088) at Tops markets (URL) Farms and Finast are also owned by Tops Markets (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

Congratulations on your new postion! Rememebr me? I was the person that would not sign an NDA.. Unfortunatly the fan-zine got stuck in limbo... Of course if an AFOL inside TLC were to suggest that Lego put an equivlant of the Meccano Magazine... (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-LizerT User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G3rwLG.HMt@lugnet.com... (...) etc? (...) that. (...) Next thing they will be saying you cannot use the bricks in any set to make anything other than the model described by the instructions (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How to maximize 90-piece bags?

CRAP!!! They loaded my box wrong! The instruction sheet for my mosaic clearly shows it is 99.9% #2 lt-lt-grey, yet I only got 2 #2 bags, and 21 #3 bags. <sigh> Time to call S@H on Monday and figure out what to do now. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: new slope pieces wanted (was: Re: What set has black roof peak/gable?)

What I would like to see is something where we could build roofs of varying slope degree and have short pieces where we could build in a small attic study part, or something like that. The only problem I can see is it may well end up being a series (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) AFAIK, it is designed to control trains. In fact, it does not just control the motor, but can also control lights, whistles and trackside objects. -Frank Followups to lugnet.trains (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Hmmm, they seem to have given Jake too big an office. There's an echo in there... :-) :-) :-) :-) echo in there... FUT: lugnet.off-topic.fun Frank (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

I am not sure about DCC, can it control automatically? Zhengrong (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  new slope pieces wanted (was: Re: What set has black roof peak/gable?)

(...) I agree, the studless slope would be very useful. Most of the existing slopes could be offered in studless half-wide form. How about some more: * inverse slopes in 60-degrees * inverse slopes in 3-long, 4-long and 8-long versions, just like (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego Mosaic Customer Service call

Um, Jake.... The Nice Lady had also heard of you. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Hey Jake, Congratulations! I'm always happy when AFOLs get employed by TLC. Any idea if TLC will reintroduce any of the classic windows (besides the 1x2x2 that they're selling right now in white)? It is very difficult for AFOL's to build a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) Probably nothing. But you might be breaking the agreement if you did that. To the best of my knowledge, LEGO has never before required a customer to agree to a written set of rules governing the use of the product prior to making the sale. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

But what could LEGO do if I sell the bricks, make copies (with duplo or regular bricks), trade the bricks with your friends, take it to work etc? Are they going to sue me for playing with their product? To do sue me, first, they must track me down, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) We would be better off with DCC. Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

I want to use RCX or Scout in TRAIN series ASAP, but RCX or Scout is too big and sometimes too complex, I hope TLC can make mini-RCX or microi-Scout for TRAIN series, these two don't need baterry and the power can get from outside: Idea1: Mini-RCX, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) down, (...) So, are they paying you in bricks? :-) -Roy (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego Mosaic Customer Service call

Jake, I just wanted to take a moment to say two things to you: 1. Congratulations on your new position with Lego Direct. :-) 2. I hope that we continue to hear from you regarding our questions in such a timely fashion. It is nice to be hearing (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

Hey Jake, Glad to see you have a job that you like, after all what can be more satisfying than waking up in the morning and not dreading going to work ? :-) What does a Senior Producer at Lego Direct do? After all you say you are working on cool (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego Mosaic Customer Service call

Just as a side note to this, the reason that they are calling to check multiple orders is for verification/fraud protection purposes. They want to verify that you really wanted that many before any charges are made, since the system is new. Jake (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Plus, if they are tiles, it sure doesn't look very "Lego"...Just another strange picture! ---...--- Jake McKee Senior Producer - Lego Direct (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Sure! It is based on a large, 48x48 baseplate. Nice size! Jake ---...--- Jake McKee Senior Producer - Lego Direct (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Sure! It is based on a large, 48x48 baseplate. Nice size! (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) pieces to (...) As (...) If simplicity and customization-challenge is key, then perhaps a block of wood is the ultimate toy. The problem is when the pieces become too big and specialized to be good for anything else. Paul Davidson (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I placed an order

(...) I'd order 99 copies online, then write down my Reference Number carefully, call up the S@H phone version and tell them tho add a few more of the set. I think it should work this way (it's also possible to add the Credit Card number via phone (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego Mosaic Customer Service call

The interesting thing is that I tried to order 2 on one order, and it wouldn't let me. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lego Mosaic Customer Service call

Hey, everybody - I ordered 3 mosaics today, and I just got a call from S@H customer service checking to see if they were all real or if I had accidentally duplicated an order. My 3 mosaics are my sister, my brother, and Jeri Ryan (by accident) - (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I placed an order

(...) Just curious what you ordered in a quantity of 100+? I'm sure the designers of the site/engine didn't think people would be ordering triple digit quantities of sets. (This may or may not be hard for them to fix.) BEN GATRELLE FU to (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Rich, I saw the medium gray this past summer at the Kidvention. Imagine a shade of gray exactly in between the LEGO brick colors light gray and dark gray, and there you have it. -John (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) Hmm. I think it could be argued that the mosaic pattern is a reproduction of the original material, and so doesn't merit a new copyright. Just like reproducing a color picture in gray-scale halftone. Especially since the reproduction is a (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) down, (...) Congrats Jake -- that's excellent news. (...) Then, (...) out (...) It wasn't obvious at first glance on the web site how big the mosaic is. Can you enlighten me? Huw (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) <snip> (...) To heck with *all* the colors, tell me (us) about that third shade of gray, and in what quantity it will be available and in what other pieces besides plates. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) One of my thoughts is that the 90 piece bags will actually be bulk packs. I won't be surprised to see them appear as such in the catalog. Frank (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Call for clarification of Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement

Dear LEGO: I am a potential customer for your new "LEGO Mosaic" product. I am confused, however, by the product's User Agreement: "By submission of YOUR picture, YOU further represent and warrant that at no time will the LEGO Mosaic product be used (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Didn't LEGO say it wants to be the company we want it to be? :-) If we want the mosaics to use tiles and we can convince them that we'll buy more if it is tiles, maybe they'll offer it in tiles as an alternative option. (...) Much, much easier (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) It will probably never be tiles. How could you easily remove a misplaced tile in middle of the picture - sure it would look better, but switch to tiles and you are seriously looking at a niche adult market. Tiles should be a bulk product. -Jon (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  How to maximize 90-piece bags?

(...) Hmm. I bet they're *really* 90-count bags and the extras are for if you go over 88, not 90. That is, I'll speculate that if you need 87 or 88, you get one bag. But if you need 89, 90, 91, 92, or any number up to 176, you get two bags. (Just a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) I figured that this was the way it would be done (my guesses were 50 or 100 count bags). (...) Actually, I bet the bags do have exactly 90 1x1 plates. I don't think I've ever got extra 1x1 plates so I think they are heavy enough compared to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

Matt, I am not sure what happened, but the parts are for sure 1x1 plates. I have actually gotten a few more details as to what the box contains: - Building Plate: 48 x 48 - Building Instructions Sheet - Bill of Materials - Bag of edge pieces and a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) This is great! --Todd (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) No, I'm not sure; it was an educated guess. However, I just spoke with someone at LEGO who said the color wasn't recently new. So I think it's a reasonably good bet that it's either the LEGO SCALA light warm gray -- the one that came out about (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Really! Cool. I was a bit worried about the pliers comment in the faq. (...) Ho ho!!! Clearly we need a design that uses 92 (or 182) of each thing so that they have to supply 88 extra of each color but one. (91 wouldn't work, they always give (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

Matt, I am not sure what happened, but the parts are for sure 1x1 plates. I have actually gotten a few more details as to what the box contains: - Building Plate: 48 x 48 - Building Instructions Sheet - Bill of Materials - Bag of edge pieces and a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G3oCMK.83G@lugnet.com... (...) down, (...) I have to second that. I've noticed a lot of AFOLs being hired recently. Its very pleasing and its indicative that TLC is, or is about to, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

Jake, Congratulations on joining LEGO Direct! It's great to see somebody on board who has had past interaction with the AFOL community! (...) Hmm... I just called and asked a rep what the kit comprised, and she said 1x1 bricks. I'm confused. I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) <snip some cogent questions> (...) I'd make the following comments on your post, Todd: 1) Are you sure the new colour is the SCALA gray, or even that the lightest gray is the new gray? I'm thinking of ordering one of these for plates, and (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Congratulations! As Larry said, I take it as a good sign that LEGO seems to be hiring lots of AFOLs. (...) We look forward to them! And don't be afraid to drop hints about what you might be working on.... (...) Well, as soon as you get them to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Hey congrats. Of all the things that TLC has done lately that give me good cheer, hiring AFOLs is top of the list. Best wishes. ++Lar (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:G3oBzE.5yt@lugnet.com... (...) Glad to hear it! (...) actually (...) address. Understandable. (...) Note - you may want to develop a signature with your title at TLC in it, similar to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

Hey Jake! Let me be one of the first to congratulate you. This is awesome! I'm sure working for TLC is quite an experience, and I hope you enjoy it. I'm sure we'll benefit from having you around, as well. Thanks for the heads up! All the best, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) Oops, I forgot a "full disclosure" statement. Although I don't feel that my concerns are biased, I think it is still in order: Full disclosure: I operate a website with a Mosaic Maker web application[1] which allows users to upload a JPEG or (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  So did you wonder about me?

Greetings all! If you haven't forgotten me since I took my BricksontheBrain.com site down, this is Jake McKee. I am happy to tell you all that the wonderful opportunity that I referred to when I announce BotB was going out of business is my joining (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) The legal language they use would seem to permit any artistic or educational (i.e. not "obscene" in the Supreme Court sense) nude material. I'm surprised they diddn't add a "family/child friendly" catchall. (...) I guess they don't want you (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) My concern is that LEGO might try to argue that the final brick configuration from the dithering algorithm was part of the "new material" added by LEGO in connection with preparing the final product. (...) Could you then create your own LDraw (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Todd Lehman writes: [Quoting Brick-O-Lizer User Agreement] (...) Uh, no. It just means that if LEGO puts some of their copyrighted material into the final product, they retain copyright. I suppose this will restrict what you do (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) This is cool! It looks like the SCALA gray might be available in bricks. I have some non-trivial concerns about the User Agreement, though: (URL) quote the User Agreement in its entirety below, interspersed with good faith commentary. UA> By (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) Our familiy also dislikes them because of the storage problems these sets do cause: we have separate drawers for each part. These juniorized sets have so many big specialized parts that it is very unconvenient to store them. The only (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) I do play on the floor (carpet) with my Jr. sets all the time! Less pieces to lose, and you can be building with them and watching tv at the same time. As the vehicles are rather similar and simple, the real challenge lies in customizing the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

Farlie A wrote in message ... (...) build, (...) What kids are these? The juniorized sets are always the ones sitting on the shelves forever, even at 75% off sales. (can you say roadside repair) I dislike the junior sets ( as an AFOL) and my 4 year (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn90dpme.mvs.....bu.edu... (...) talked (...) I second that. I was even talking to a prospective student of Gordon here who is a FOL in his Dark Ages about the product...we couldn't agree (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) Not just on LUGnet, but with any real-life kids and parents I've ever talked to. (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) I hope you read all the ideas as well ;-) (...) Not to mention the age old issue of 'comerical' confidentiality. (...) Commerical Fanzine? Might need some new staff and an editor but I feel this might be a way of explaning things. It worked (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

Yep, my first bulk purchase was in the late 70s, so I was around 10 at the time. I still have a couple of accessory packs from that purchase, still unopened ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

In lugnet.general, Kerry Raymond writes: (snip) (...) My first bulk purchase was in 1986 or so, and was from the UK. Sampsonite here had a crummy selection!. I got, IIRC, 25 quid worth of lego, including the (brand new) double acting pnumatics, and (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) of (...) LEGO (...) are! True, many AFOLs are buying Lego on-line but they are probably a group well-suited to e-tailing. Why? AFOLs will usually know exactly what they want to buy -- they know they want Lego, they know they want certain (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New LEGO Parts for AFOLs.....

This is a well-written proposal for architectural elements. I think this mirrors my own desires for such elements. I would be particularly interested in the arches. Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message news:3A01BDCC.1D4077...ich.edu... (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) a (...) (with (...) According to shoppinglist.com, TRU will have the blue tubs on sale for $16.99 November 5 through November 22, 2000. I just found shoppinglist.com yesterday, so I don't know how reliable the info is. I hope it turns out to (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

Tom Stangl wrote: snip... (...) When are the blue tubs supposed to end? I recently found more that had a production date of September 2000. Doesn't seem like they're being discontinued here in Wisconsin. This is not a complaint. :) Mark (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) Whatever TLC are doing, they are obviously basing it on a 'More Sales; policy by following proven lines (quick-fix excitement for kids with the Juniorisation to compete with lesser quality ready-made toys). Yes, this sells right now, but when (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: New LEGO Parts for AFOLs.....

I really like the idea of rusticated bricks! That would be really cool. Build On! John Matthews (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact