 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1162
1161  |  1163
Subject:
Information Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 16:05:54 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

All,

I just wanted to drop a line to give some updates to some questions that I
have seen posted on LUGNET. I am sure this message will pose more questions,
and I will do my best to answer them as I can.

*** Disclaimer ***
Don't take this info as set in stone, as some of this info could be
incorrect or modified down the road.

******************

Harry Potter Sets:
These sets will be out in Autumn 2001. I am not sure yet what they will be
or exactly when in Autumn 2001 they will be delivered. More info to follow
on this as I get it.

Movie Making Expansion Sets:
These ultra cool sets will be officially available around Jan. 1. There will
actually be 7 sets total, versus the 4 currently shown in the catalog.

LEGO Racers:
There has been some discussion as to what the value of this line is. I have
actually played with it and it is rather cool. Each car is made up of
several pieces, the driver pops off when impact with the bumper occurs, and
they can be propelled from the hand launcher. For the age group that they
are target towards (younger kids, between Duplo, but not quite System), I
think they will be very successful.

Mosaic:
I just heard that we found a bug in Java applet that occasionally shift the
instructions one row. From what I understand, this is an irregular
occurance, but in the interest of making sure that the functionality works
perfectly, we have taken the Brick-o-Lizer offline temporarily to fix this
bug. Estimates are that it will be back up towards the end of the week.

As I find more info, especially about the actual re-release date, I will
pass it on. Hang in there. There are many cool things on the way, and
sometimes there are hiccups along the way.

But more importantly, there are many cool things coming out, for all age
groups and interests. I know that not all the products interest everyone,
but that's OK!

More info coming when I get it!

Jake

Jake McKee