 General / 24173
Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:37:53 GMT

But what could LEGO do if I sell the bricks, make copies (with duplo or regular
bricks), trade the bricks with your friends, take it to work etc?

Are they going to sue me for playing with their product?

To do sue me, first, they must track me down, then, prove that I actually *has*
traded/sold/publicly displayed the mosaic or the bricks of it, and how are they
going to do that?

*puts on flame repellant suit, just in case*

Maybe I'm wrong, but if I get a lego mosaic, I'll do whatever I want with the
bricks, and treat them just like "regular" bricks.

--Tobias

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:

<SNIP>

Concerns:

1.  Does this mean that I can't send in a solid 75% graytone to get a whole
bunch of 1x1 bricks in the warm light gray color and resell them online?

2.  Does this mean that I can't trade the raw elements with my friends?

3.  What does "home" mean?  Does this mean that I'm not authorized to use a
LEGO Mosaic product at work (i.e., outside of my home, and not really private)
without TLC's permission?

<SNIP>

5.  Does the above also mean that I am not allowed to sell or even distribute
copies of building instructions to other people, so they may create additional
copies of a mosaic image I created using LEGO's Brick-o-Lizer™ product?

6.  If I happen to have extra bricks of my own in sufficient quantities, am I
allowed to create additional copies of my mosaic using those extra bricks I
already own, or must I create physical copies of my mosaic using only bricks
that I purchase directly from LEGO for a one-time use in a mosaic?

7.  Similarly, am I allowed to use clone (imitation) brand plastic building
bricks to build additional copies?  (Not that I'd want to, but I'm curious
whether I'm prevented from doing so.)

8.  Similarly, am I allowed to use LEGO DUPLO elements to build the physical
mosaic product if I happen to have sufficient quantities in compatible colors?
Or would that be considered an adaptation which would require permission from
LEGO?