 Off-Topic / Debate / 7107
Re: The Right To Exploit (WAS: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer User Agreement)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 21:01:15 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Bliss writes:
From what I know of Todd (which is only via online communication, primarily
on RLT and LUGNET), he meant 'exploit' as 'use', not 'unfairly use'.

Yup!  The question of circumventing the ambiguities in the LMBOLUA[1] is an
amoral issue (not moral, and not immoral, but amoral, meaning not in the realm
of morality or immorality) and if you find an obvious loophole in an agreement
that you can use to your advantage without breaking the agreement, who's to
say there is a problem anywhere but within the agreement itself?

I believe that it is immoral to break the LMBOLUA.  However, I also believe
that it is not only possible but desirable to circumvent some of the earlier
described ambiguities without breaking the LMBOLUA.

--Todd

[1] LEGO Mosaic Brick-o-Lizer[tm] User Agreement