 General / 24101
Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:10:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
Who will figure out what bricks go into your order? Do you think it's a
customized pack, or merely sufficient baggies to cover your pixels and some
extra?

I called S@H, took some poor operator by surprise (in the sense that she had
very little information, only that the Brick-o-Lizer was Coming Soon).

She says that the pieces come in 90-piece baggies, and

  *** the pieces are all 1x1 plates. ***

Based on this, I'd guess there are at least 193 pieces to build the frame.

I didn't see any information about the dimensions of the mosaic.  Except
that there is a 2-stud border.  Is the mosiac in the 42x42 pixel range?

Steve

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com

(...) I just finished running through the Brick-O-Lizer (and y'all thought the regular shop.lego.com site was slow! This B-O-L is like molasses!). The saved GIF is 440x440, but each 10x10 pixel square is a single color. So it appears that: 1. The (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com

Oh, look, Brick-o-Lizer is a Java applet! Write once, test once, run once, sort of thing. Since they used Java, it's probably extremely Windows dependent. It'll never be ported. Who will figure out what bricks go into your order? Do you think it's a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general)