 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1158
1157  |  1159
Subject:
in USA too (was: Re: LEGO Direct in Europe)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:47:38 GMT

Horst,
Thanks for a good description of the website problems.
Your comments apply equally well to the USA website.

I also completed one order, enduring the javascript
menu loading.

However, a coworker of mine told me today that he
tried to order an RIS from the website over the
weekend, and he said "this was the worst designed
ecommerce site I have seen for a long time."
Not only were the menus extremely slow to load,
but
(1) he didn't see any check box to make the
shipping address and billing address the same,
so he had to enter the address twice.
(2) he couldn't find anywhere to order his free
spy runner plane (with $75 order)
(3) on the final order screen, there was a button
"print this order", which he clicked on, and which
crashed his browser.

At that point he gave up and placed the order by
phone.

This is the sort of story that I really hate to
hear.  C'mon Lego company, get your website act
together!

/Eric M/