 Harry Potter / 935
Re: Saw the movie today! (bit OT)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 21:27:23 GMT

And (getting his flame proof undies on) I know its a childrens book/film but
thats no excuse. There are fantastic childrens books/films out there. This
was just not very good and terribly unoriginal to boot. Harry Potter and the
abject pile of plagiarised rubbish more like :)

--
James Stacey

Show me any book that is totally original. As a childrens book, which as you
point out it is, I have to say that the series is building up to be an
impressive set of books with the prisoner of Azkaban being my favourite so
far. Yes of course, if you are not into this genre of story then it may not
appeal to you, but rubbish it certainly is not. Whilst there are many
childrens books which are equally as good and some better, if you would like
me to recomend some which are truely rubbish let me know.
In the end anything that gets children reading, something Harry Potter is,
has to be a good thing.
As for the film, well the films a film and the books a book. I enjoyed the
film but would have to say the book is better, but then isn't that true of
many films taken from a good book?

Michael