 General / 54758
Re: LUGNET in its Senior Years? (was Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 21:49:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Nathan Todd wrote:
   There is a lot here I would be devastated to lose. Lugnet remains an excellent centre point for news, and one of the few places where different themes come out of their niches and mix.

Sentimental value as well...

All the best and God Bless,

Thanks Nathan,

that’s what has been keeping us from any big changes so far - the risk of losing something that has peoples’ appreciation cannot be taken lightly.

Just keeping everything going the way it is has proven challenging at times. While we are considering new and hopefully successful enhancements to LUGNET, we certainly wouldn’t want to give up anything that’s already here.

Still, user-friendliness may eventually demand that we take a look at how news (or, to use the more modern term, forum) posts are being handled. As always, the secret to success will be in the mix.

Have fun,

Jerry