 General / 54748
Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2008 22:47:43 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.announce, David Gregory wrote:
   There seems to be some confusion lately about how to post a message announcing a MOC. It was thought by many years ago that we should have a separate newsgroup for announcing MOC’s that is different from the regular lugnet.announce group. We decided to go with that idea.

Therefore as you can see here

   A new group/list for personal announcements of “MOC”s (“my own creations”) has just been created, the purpose being to focus these types of announcements and offload them out of the main lugnet.announce group, which was never intended for announcements of MOCs.

   Note: DO NOT post announcements of MOCs to the main lugnet.announce group.

Please keep this in mind when posting messages about MOC’s. Lately there have been a lot of posts that are erroneously posted in the lugnet.announce group when they should actually be in the lugnet.announce.moc group.

Thanks, David

David:

I notice that when a person posts a MOC to lugnet.announce.moc that it also shows up in the standard “announce” category. Look at the past three MOC’s I’ve posted and you’ll see what I mean. I posted mine to lugnet.announce.moc and they still show up if you just look at the lugnet.announce category.

Am I doing something wrong here?

-Dave