 General / 54772
Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:50:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   ... but at least on Bricklink I know that although no one has replied to my posts, the counter there tells me that 138 folks have at least read my post.

When I first starting getting into building with legos as an adult and realized that I was not the only guy (or girl) over the age of 30 who still played with Lego®, I was into numbers like that after I found Legnet.

I would always look at how many replies there would be to any of my posts of any new MOCs that I made. I took the number of replies and views on my Brickshelf pages as an indication of my self-worth and as a meter showing how I was doing in the Lego Community. I guess it was related to the acceptance of my peers of what I was doing and whether people liked the stuff.

But then somewhere along the line, I had an epiphany and realized that I don’t need post counts or web page views to gauge my worth as a person or an AFOL. I just build and post things for my enjoyment. If it brings a smile to someone else’s face, that’s great. If not, then so be it. Like people have said before and will say again, numbers really don’t mean anything at the end of the day.

Since your posts do tend to require much more time and effort than the likes of mine, I don’t know how much of what I just said applies to your specific case Mr. Istok. But you can choose to take whatever you want from what I wrote and hopefully it will help you at least a little. :^)