 General / 54766
Re: LUGNET in its Senior Years? (was Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2008 03:43:23 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gereon Stein wrote:
<snip>
LUGNET posters are
encouraged (read: required) to post with their real names
<snip>

This statement alone is a big part of the reason I like LUGNET over the
alternative sites (that and the threaded format vice bulletin board flat posting
format).  I feel it adds an edge of responsibility to one's posting.  In other
words, the question "Do I want to attach my real name to this?" is very
relevant.  Additionally it helps me know who to talk to when I'm at a Lego event
since I can look for "Tim Gould" instead of "Gambort".

-Orion