 General / 54752
54751  |  54753
Subject:
LUGNET in its Senior Years? (was Re: How to properly "announce" MOC's)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 14:45:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, Keith Goldman wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, David Gregory wrote:
   There seems to be some confusion lately about how to post a message announcing a MOC. It was thought by many years ago that we should have a separate newsgroup for announcing MOC’s that is different from the regular lugnet.announce group. We decided to go with that idea.

Therefore as you can see here

   A new group/list for personal announcements of “MOC”s (“my own creations”) has just been created, the purpose being to focus these types of announcements and offload them out of the main lugnet.announce group, which was never intended for announcements of MOCs.

   Note: DO NOT post announcements of MOCs to the main lugnet.announce group.

Please keep this in mind when posting messages about MOC’s. Lately there have been a lot of posts that are erroneously posted in the lugnet.announce group when they should actually be in the lugnet.announce.moc group.

Thanks, David

I’m surprised anyone posts here anymore considering all the hassle involved and the inevitable scolding when you get something wrong. This site is about the furthest thing from “user friendly” I can imagine. I feel for newbies stumbling upon the rusting hulk of LUGNET as there first contact with the LEGO community.

Rant over, I’m sure I’ll now be chastised for not setting the FUT correctly

Setting F.U.T. to Killjoy!

-Keith

-Keith

Maybe it’s time to face the reality LUGNET is in its senior years and will go the way of RTL. I agree, LUGNET just isn’t as user friendly as it was and these days people have more options than just LUGNET to talk LEGO. I suspect if there isn’t some great reformation (not just changing the look of the homepage) this place will be history in a few years. Sad to see this place go bye-bye but...

Adr.