 General / 4578
Re: Vast wasteland ST:V SPOILER (was Re: Counting parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:42:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:

BTW, if anyone out there is a faithful watcher and would like to fill me
in, feel free!  (did Janway leave?!) Also, I missed the series finale of
DS9-- poo!

spoiler space

ST:V:

force/people(the name of which escapes me ATM) that sent Voyager there. That
ship's crew discovered extra-dimensional aliens who were curious about them and
managed to capture one, but it accidentally dies. They find its body to be made
of a substance that can provide them with extra speed, and combined with
significant engine modifications such means can get them home faster. They are
a desperate ship.

Voyager haplessly comes upon the Starfleet ship under attack by these aliens
and helps its sister ship, thinking it to be the right thing to do until they
find out the hidden truth, but by then it's too late..

The season ended with Janeway being attacked by one of those aliens.

<The bridge is in chaos and under attack.>

Chakotay: "Captain! Look out!"

<Janeway turns to see some angry Ghostbuster-"Slimer"-like alien
charging/shooting at her.>

<Cut to black>

How's that?

-Tom McD.
when replying, don't capture the spamcake. You never know...