 General / 4624
Re: Vast wasteland (was Re: Counting parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:43:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
John Neal wrote:

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.general, John Neal writes:

BTW, if anyone out there is a faithful watcher and would like to fill me
in, feel free!  (did Janway leave?!) Also, I missed the series finale of
DS9-- poo!

I didn't watch the DS9 finale, but I taped it. I want to watch it tonight, • and
its 2 hours long. I hope I get the chance. So if someone else wants to • post the
results for John that'd be nice or else I plan to do it tomorrow. Include
SPOILER in the subject line please :)

Or perhaps he might want to borrow the tape when I'm done with it?

Ooh, ooh, yes!!  Let's talk! :-)
BTW, thanks for the spoiler!!

-John

-Tom McD.
when replying, remember there's no finale to spamcake: the ubiquitous • frontier.

One thing to remember the Video tape format is different in the USA versus • Europe.  I
found that out many years ago when I took a family video tape with me to my • cousin in
Germany.  The tape went into their VCR OK, but it played garbage.  From what I
remember, you would need a US VCR and a European VCR and copy a tape from one • format
to the other.

That's very true. NTSC format vs PAL. Different resolutions and such. But
actually to do it professionally, if I'm understanding these things correctly,
you need a resolution converter too or else you might end up with something
like a letterbox effect when dubbing to PAL, as it has more lines vertically.
Or you could lose data dubbing to NTSC..

Dang.. I almost forgot that Michigan was another country.

-Tom McD.
when replying, don't play your spamcake in the VCR