 General / 4471
Re: Counting parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 21:16:19 GMT

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999 14:53:49 GMT, Scott Edward Sanburn uttered the following
profundities...
I was surprised myself, I started using Excel at the office, and my count from
sets is 85,272. I also assimilated numerous collections from friends, family,
etc., so I am guessing I am around 100,000 parts. I thought it was around
200,000, so I was way off as well. Hey Gary, care to take a guess on yours? ;)

I use an Excel spreadsheet, too, with the purpose of keeping
track of how much I spend, as well. I put in sets, polybags,
bulk orders (e.g. Auczilla), and accessory packs.

For those sets to which I know the piece counts, find that I
have 389 items (sets, polybags, etc.), 83613 pieces, and have
spent well into a 4 figure sum in pounds. Those sets to which
I do not have a piece count are probably another 1000 or so
pieces.

I also have a price per piece formula, and the average is
about 7 pence. The most expensive was Auczilla ix, at 22
pence per piece.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/