 General / 4577
Re: Taking apart pirtate ship hulls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:35:42 GMT

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:50:11 GMT, Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

I was just starting my inventory of 6493, Flying Time Vessel, and
noticed that the pirate ship hulls are held together with screws, so I
decided to try and take them apart. The stern section was held by 4
screws, and easily came apart.

So does the inventory list 6 parts for the stern? ;)

Unfortuanately, the bow section, held only by 2 screws wouldn't come
apart even with a little less than gentle persuasion (I left a couple
scratches in non-critical parts of the hull). The fact that screws were
used leaves me to not expect that there is also glue (and in fact, all
the edges seperate). There doesn't seem to be any clips. Has anyone
found the trick of where to apply pressure to separate the two parts?

Seems like I remember there are clips, but I don't remember for sure.
Could you tell from the flexing of the parts where the connection point was
located?

I haven't looked at the center sections, are they also not glued?

The center sections are a single piece, not two parts connected together.

Steve