 General / 4564
4563  |  4565
Subject:
Taking apart pirtate ship hulls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:50:11 GMT

I was just starting my inventory of 6493, Flying Time Vessel, and
noticed that the pirate ship hulls are held together with screws, so I
decided to try and take them apart. The stern section was held by 4
screws, and easily came apart.

Unfortuanately, the bow section, held only by 2 screws wouldn't come
apart even with a little less than gentle persuasion (I left a couple
scratches in non-critical parts of the hull). The fact that screws were
used leaves me to not expect that there is also glue (and in fact, all
the edges seperate). There doesn't seem to be any clips. Has anyone
found the trick of where to apply pressure to separate the two parts?

I haven't looked at the center sections, are they also not glued?

When I found this possible capability of separating the two parts, I
started to have visions of taking one or two of my soon to be "shorty"
Armada Flagships and mixing the colors with the "shorty" Flying Time
Vessel (also the other existing "shorty" pirate ships would be good
candidates). I currently don't have any alternate colors for center
sections (so far I only have Armada Flagship and Red Beard Runner of the
longer ships).

If lugnet.general is not the best place to continue discussion, feel
free to override my Followup To.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com