 General / 36213
Re: Digital camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:01:52 GMT

Funnily enough I'd been toying with the idea of getting a camera, but when I
read your post I thought "why didn't I ever get one?". So today I nipped out
and picked up a Fuji FinePix A201. What a great little camera! I've been
messing with it all day, and the quality of photos using 2MP is amazing.
I've only ever had a dirt cheap 35mm compact camera in past which ended up
under the wheels of a truck on a motorway a few years back (the old "luggage
falling off the roof rack" situation), and since then I've messed with a
Vision Command and wasn't impressed with the quality (although as a web cam
it's ok). The A201 is a great camera, great web cam, and also can record up
to 20 secs of video in AVI format at a time. But on your allowance it could
be a bit pricey - I picked mine up £180 in the UK (about US$250) with a 16MB
card, and I've ordered a 128MB card for £46 (about US$65).

Dan