 General / 36173
Re: Digital camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 03:06:37 GMT

Note: Nikon makes a great camera! it's called the Cool Pix 995 and it just
had a major price drop to 599.99 (it's on it's way to the discontinued bin)
THOUGH... you can get it cheaper, much cheaper, look at buydig.com (I found
them on pricewatch.com) I just got one from there for 444.00 with 24.95 fedex
shipping.  And I can tell you, I'm VERY pleased with this camera.  If you're
in the market and have the money, I wouldn't wait, or you'll be sitting like
me... finally saved up enough money, and the camera your heart was set on is
discontinued and you can't find it anywhere.  That's how I ended up with the
Nikon instead.  (Which I don't think is a bad thing now!)

Tamy

Erik Olson wrote:

Browse http://news.lugnet.com/publish/photography/

See www.dcresource.com (other big sites have been pointed out)

General answer: get a budget model 2MB camera with macro mode, for about
$300. Look first at Canon, Nikon, and Olympus, who make the best high-end
cameras. Example: New 2MB Olympus 520Z has macro mode, street price $300
(Just announced yesterday.) Get a camera that feels right in your hand.
Note: Nikon doesn't make a cheap model.

FUT publish.photography