 General / 36188
Re: Digital camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:57:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:

Could *anyone* give me advice on buying a digital camera,
and the best model to choose from (picture quality, etc.)
and one that's at an affordably price?

I just purchased an Olympus D-150 Zoom at Costco for only US$150. Add a
128mb smart memory card for US$57 and you're ready to go. It has a macro
mode for shooting Lego and a 3x optical and 2x digital zoom for taking other
pictures. The only downside is the relatively low megapixel number, 1.3.
That's only really a drawback if you're looking to print out high quality
prints. For internet posting purposes 1.3 is plenty. And you can't beat the
price.

I took it to the San Diego Zoo the other weekend and shot about 70 pictures.
They all looked pretty good even the ones using the digital zoom. If you
want examples let me know and I'll post them to my brickshelf directory.

Good Luck

Matt