 General / 36189
Re: Digital camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:29:35 GMT

If you are a photo geek, get youself a cheepo camera and save up your money
for the new "X3" imaging sensor technology you'll be seening in cameras
soon.  Buying a cheap one now will get you rolling on buying memory cards
(compact flash, memory stick, etc.).  The first cameras to use the X3 will
cost a lot but camera manufactures are set to issue many models using it.
Given a year, there ought to be about a dozen models out and cost less.

BTW: the big hoo-ha about X3 is the fact a 3MP X3 sensor can produce the
image quality (and better!) of a current 6MP now but still only require the
memory space of a current 3MP!

Option 2 (also for non-photo geeks): Why buy new when you can buy a used
one?  If you stick with legitimate camera dealers (B&H is my recomendation)
you can purchase a very good digital for much less the cost of a new one.
Just check the dealer's service policy concerning repair and how they grade
used cameras.

Adr.

"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hello.

After some recent work, I've geared up and I'm
just about ready to launch my site!

There seems to be only one problem...

I need a digital camera to take pictures of my MOCs!

Could *anyone* give me advice on buying a digital camera,
and the best model to choose from (picture quality, etc.)
and one that's at an affordably price?

This would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Email Pyrokid17@hotmail.com