 General / 36212
Re: Digital camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:16:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Henry Kruer writes:
In lugnet.general, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.general, John Henry Kruer writes:

Ugg...  Is there any camera a kid with an allowance of 3.50 could afford in
a YEAR?

Now THAT'S interesting. At twelvish, huh? Maybe I should have asked the other
moms how much they give their kids instead of relying on my eight-year-old to
tell me what kids these days are getting for an allowance....

Well, I tell my parents about the kids who get 50 dollars a week, (and show
me proof) but they say 3.50!  Don't rely on me as an average!
How much has your Eight-year old demanded?

He was getting a dollar until he came home and told me that in a comparison of
classmates' allowances, the lowest anyone else got was $3 and there were kids
getting $6 or $7.  So I bumped it up to $3.  I DO think it is excessive because
once you figure in the LEGO factor-- as a kid of an AFOL (or simply FOL) he
hardly needs to spend any money on LEGO, yet his collection is huge for a kid
his age because he and his little brother usually get a copy of any set I find
on clearance as well as others I'm simply curious about.  Not to mention all
the parts they have managed to siphon from MY collection.

Maggie