 General / 27871
Re: New Dinosaurs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 22:31:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Norman Mensing wrote:

What do the others think?

When I peeked at the JPIII pictures, the first thing that sprang into my
mind was the line from _Princess Bride_, near the end, when Wesley is
explaining "to the pain".  I don't remember the exact quote, but it goes
something like, "... you'll hear every passing mother cry out, 'Dear God,
what is that *thing*?'"

As other people have posted, my reactions are:

1. I like the raptors and pteros, because they aren't all SPUDs.
2. I don't like the raptors and pteros, because they are poorly
designed--LEGO needs to send these back to the R&D lab for a few more
generations of rebuild and redesign.
3. I don't like the spinosaurus, it just looks too unLEGOish.

Most other elements of the sets look OK.  The tree looks good (I'm guessing
it's made of Castle walls), and the plane looks quite good (except for the
stubby wings).

Steve