 Year / 2001 / 707
Re: Good photos of Jurassic Park III sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:22:09 GMT

In lugnet.year.2001, Mark Sandlin writes:

The spinosaurus body would be better, IMO, if it were made of bricks instead
of being one big SPUD.

It's not one big SPUD.  I know it looks that way, but it's not.  I promise.

I also have to wonder why they made a Pteranodon out of bricks when they
could have re-used the one from the Dino Island set. At least the head would
look better.

???

You know, several people have said that they prefer the premolded dinos because
they look better.  For my part, I like these new Dino set guys, because they
are better representative of what I like about LEGO.  I can take them apart and
recombine them into creatures out of my own imagination.  I can make a 9 headed
hydra or a dragon or Mecha Ghidra.  Part of that means using and reusing
components, and part of that means using regular bricks.

I like it.  I'm happy to see it.

And now I understand better why LLW was installing so many friggin Dinosaur
statue-things last October. :D

eric