 Year / 2001 / 712
Re: Good photos of Jurassic Park III sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:00:01 GMT

Lorbaat at eric@nospam.thirteen.net wrote:

I also have to wonder why they made a Pteranodon out of bricks when they
could have re-used the one from the Dino Island set. At least the head would
look better.

???

You know, several people have said that they prefer the premolded dinos
because
they look better.  For my part, I like these new Dino set guys, because they
are better representative of what I like about LEGO.  I can take them apart
and
recombine them into creatures out of my own imagination.  I can make a 9
headed
hydra or a dragon or Mecha Ghidra.  Part of that means using and reusing
components, and part of that means using regular bricks.

I agree with this sentiment. My point, however, was: If they're going to
reuse parts (the Pteranodon/ Raptor head) Why didn't they reuse something
that looks like a pteranodon instead of sticking a raptor head on the
brick-built Pterosaur body?

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego Creations