 Year / 2001 / 704
703  |  705
Subject:
Good photos of Jurassic Park III sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:35:13 GMT

Go to:

http://filmforce.ign.com/jp3/pics.html

There are about four pictures and are much better than the ones found
yesterday at www.action-figure.com.

I quote:

Children ages 8 and up can bring to life the menacing Spinosaurus dinosaur
featured in the movie as he attacks a plane in a tree, which can also be
built into a boat. The set includes one cameraman, a pilot mini-figure and a
crane (suggested retail $34.99 US). The second set includes unique elements
allowing youngsters to build two Raptors and one Pteranodon dinosaur. This
set comes complete with three mini-figures, including male and female
“actors” and one cameraman (suggested retail price $19.99 US). The sets are
expected to be on store shelves in May prior to the release of the film.

The plane and tree set looks really cool since it seems like a good
realistic plane and a tall brown tree composed of bricks. Also I want to get
my hands on the Spinosaurus. The raptors and pteranodon don't appeal to me
as much but I like that Lego is encouraging kids to *build* dinosaurs even
as they introduce all these specialized dino-parts. The quonset hut-like
building doesn't look too interesting. It is mainly grey and green bricks
with a couple of fronds. And I couldn't care less about the cameramen and
moviemaker aspect of the sets.

Therre seems to be a deluge of pictures of all sorts of toys coming out of
the Toy Fair this week, even pictures of Mattel's Harry Potter action
figures. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe we'll see some Lego HP pics too.

Jonathan